Saturday, August 20, 2011

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream...

The tittle's from a song by Arcade Fire called "No Cars Go." It kind of sums of my position now--just doing temp work and waiting to go to Korea. Most days I am really really excited although there are days when I feel like I've just been waiting since April. My cousin Liz left last Tuesday to go to the EPIK orientation. My original plan was to do EPIK with her but due to bad fingerprints, I had to resubmit my criminal record check. Now my plan is to work in a hagwon in the same city/province. I should be receiving my background check in a few weeks and I'm scheduled to go September 15th, but that could be pushed back depending on how fast I can get my paper work in.

The job I was offered was originally for a gyopo, (a native Korean who lives in the U.S.), but since I can speak a smattering of Korean they hired me. I'm glad because it should be near Liz and also because I'll be able to use my Korean to talk to my student's parents. Here's the video I had to make in order to apply for the job:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUVNpGgqCRs Luckily, my Korean friend Cheong Soohyun helped me a lot. It already has eleven views, which means that I'm only about fifteen million views away from becoming a YouTube sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment